Monday, January 14, 2019

When It Rains It Pours

What a messed up 24 hours it's been. I got up in the morning yesterday to drive for Lyft and was doing that until I got hit by someone on Milwaukee Ave. The damage doesn't look too bad, but it's body work on the car so it's gonna be expensive. Lyft will cover it, but there is a large deductible that I will still have to cover and it will probably going to raise my insurance rates. Yay! Luckily no one was injured in the accident and my car is drivable and I'm taking it in tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back on the road soon.



Today, I got messages from Wendella asking if I was returning to the boats in 2019 (Of course I am), and from my Captain's Class asking if I was going to be in the class starting on February 19th.

I've shed a lot of tears in the past couple of days. Embarrassed that I was in an accident (but they are called "accidents" for a reason), unsure of how I'm gonna pay my bills since driving was my "off season job", and the realization that I may not get to take the Captain's class this Spring because I can't pay for it. I've always been hardest on myself and once the tears stop, I do realize that things happen for a reason and I need to keep my chin up. This just gives me more determination to get to my goals, no matter how long it takes.

I have sold a few things and will continue to try to do that, and I should have my car back at least by the end of the week so I can go back to earning money.

I hate admitting that I need help and that sometimes I'm not as strong as I'd like to be. So, I'm going to sort of beg, because I don't really have any other options at the moment. I don't know how many of you read my blog on a consistent basis, but I'm gonna make a last ditch effort here and share my link to the GoFundMe page for my Captain's Class.  Please share with anyone you know who you think might be able to help.  Thank you!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-robin-ernst-earn-her-captain039s-bars

No comments:

Post a Comment