Sunday, November 22, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge--Day 14--Your life in 7 years

Ugh. The dreaded where do you see yourself in the future? I hate this question in job interviews and I hate this question now. Is it because I don't have any goals? No. Is it because I don't look too far in the future? Maybe. Now I don't know about anyone else, but my life certainly hasn't been what I thought it would be. I grew up thinking I would go to college, get married, have kids and all that stuff. I did go to college, but haven't done the marriage and/or kid thing. Are there days I miss that? Sure. I'm trying to be happy with where I am in life right now. In 7 years I'd like to be wealthier, healthier and I know I'll be wiser. Every year, hell, every day is a new learning experience for me. As for the wealth, I don't need much. I'd just like to have some extra money around in case I'd like to go on a trip, or have an unexpected car repair, or if I want to eat at a really fancy restaurant. Am I complaining about the life I have now. No, not at all. I'm content. Content in my place in the world, content in my job, content in my relationship. Could it be better? Of course it could. I don't think anyone has the perfect life. Even if they say they do. I like to set short term goals however and 7 years, although time moves more quickly the older I get, seems like a long time from now. So, I'm hoping my life will be as it is today. I hope to have a few good friends who I can talk to about anything, I hope I find something to laugh or smile about every day, I hope to have a relationship that is happy (maybe even be married), and I hope to keep finding things to write about and to learn every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment