Sunday, November 22, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge--Day 12--Two words/phrases that make you giggle

You may have noticed that I skipped Day 11. I did it for a reason which I will explain at the end of the challenge, so you'll just have to be patient and wait.

One word that makes me giggle is not even a real word. If any of you have seen the classic "Carol Burnett Show" clip where Tim Conway is telling his Siamese Elephant story then you'll know the word I'm talking about. He makes a noise that the elephants would make when they tried to trumpet. The first time I saw this with my step-father he and I cracked up about it. Now that he's gone, whenever I hear the word "knorka" (at least that's what we called it), I smile and remember the man and the great times we had together. I have included the link to the clip for those of you who have not seen it so you can laugh along with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Most of the Monty Python quotes also make me giggle or laugh but that's almost too many to list and probably a very popular choice.

I suppose another word or words that make me giggle is baba ganoush. Mostly because I always feel the need to yell it out loud, putting the emphasis on the OUSH part at the end. I don't know why I started yelling it but I always do and again, it always makes me smile. Even when I see it on a menu, I yell it out loud in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment