Sunday, November 2, 2014

'Tis The Season

For cooking things, lots of things. Now, I'm just as upset as everyone else with Christmas commercials being run before Halloween and everyone seemingly skipping over Thanksgiving to rush towards Christmas...but I am grateful that now is the season when I LOVE to cook. Thanksgiving is a great day in my house. I'm up early and even if it's just me and Eric for dinner, I will still make a turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and all the other things. I love to do that and I love having leftovers.  Then comes the baking. I love pulling out the cards in my great-grandmother's handwriting to make her Scottish Shortbread, Almond Crescents and Bourbon Butter Cookies. I also love making an elaborate Christmas Eve dinner. Then turning around and doing another one for Christmas day. I like making New Years Day breakfast.  I'm just happy. My parents loved to cook and transferred this love down to me.

So hopefully soon there will be many photos and recipes and stories of my holiday cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment