Saturday, November 15, 2014

TGIF!

It's Friday. Now that I'm older, that has different meanings. When I was young, it was the end of the school week, it meant we got to eat out, or as I got older, go to a movie with friends because I didn't have to get up and go to school the next day. In college it meant time for a pep rally before the football game on Saturday. Date night. Time to drink.

I still like to eat out on Fridays after cooking all week. I also like unwinding from the work week and realizing that I have 2 days off from traffic nightmares. It also still means college football the next day, although I will admit I don't watch as much college ball as I do the pros.

The big differences now is that Friday night is just another night. I still wake up at 6am on Saturday morning, only instead of going to work or school, I now have errands to do. I have to go do laundry, or go to the grocery store before it gets too crowded. Friday is just another day now. Especially when Eric works on weekends so we don't have two days off together. I now really enjoy going to bed early on a Friday night.

So let Rebecca Black and Katy Perry have their "Friday" and "Last Friday Night", I'll be grateful that I'm home for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment