Saturday, November 8, 2014

I Was Kicked to Death By My Own Horse


Luckily it was just in the video game I was playing. I used to love video games when I was younger and a couple of years ago we got a PlayStation 3 so Eric and I could watch blu-rays and kick each other's butts in Madden. With us not having much spare money these days, a few weeks ago I went to Best Buy and bought a new video game to entertain myself while Eric was working weekends. Also, the guys I work with were talking about how fun the new games are. I picked "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". It had been awarded "game of the year" and all that and sounded like fun. A quest to get an heir back to his throne after his father dies. When I first purchased the game I played for an entire afternoon and finally made it out of the castle to begin my quest. I also made it to the next town and was able to get a horse. Well at the end of that first day I kept getting attacked by wolves and dying so I just gave up.

Today I was watching the Northwestern/Michigan game and found it really boring so I thought I'd try my hand at Oblivion again. I tried to remember how to fight and got thrown in jail for stealing something...but luckily my horse was still where I left him outside a pub. So I rode him to the next village and left him outside the gates while I explored. I left the village from a different entrance than the one I had entered and a woman tried to sell me another horse. I didn't have enough gold so I left. But seeing that the horse was outside, I stole this new horse and galloped off to where my next quest was. On the journey a wolf appeared and the horse and I killed it. Me with my sword, him with his hooves. There was also some small troll-like creature attacking us and by the time I had killed him...my horse was gone. I figured he ran off somewhere. Oh well, guess I'd walk. I didn't get very far when my horse galloped up, reared several times and proceeded to kick me to death. The game kept telling me to push the X to ride the horse but it wasn't working and soon I was face down, bleeding to death on the side of the road. I figured that maybe it was a good time to stop playing. When your own horse turns on you, it's time to go.

I'll return to the game tomorrow or some other time and see if I can find a calmer, more gentle horse that wants to help me. In the meantime, I'll be playing golf on the PlayStation. Much less violent and no horses allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment