Saturday, October 25, 2014

Too Much Time in The Car

That's what I did today. Spent too much time in my car. I got up this morning and turned on the news to see what the weather and traffic was going to be like today. The weather was warm and traffic, which is usually pretty decent on a Friday was horrible. There was a SIG Alert on the 101 at White Oak. I have to drive past White Oak to get to work. This was at 6am. "That's OKAY" I told myself, I'll just leave a bit early and take a side street to work. Apparently I was not the only one with this idea. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes to get from the 405 split to work. I got off on the 405 today and took it to Victory. From there it took me 45 minutes to go 5 miles. I emailed my manager to let her know I would be late and was happy that when I pulled into the parking lot that many people were in the same boat. Two of the other music researchers were not there yet and they didn't arrive until about half an hour after I did. So that was almost 2 hours in the car this morning. Then I worked a full day in a cramped cubicle.

Then on the way home it took me another hour and a half due to accidents in Hollywood. I did get to see the sun set in my rear view mirror which was sort of pretty, but I would have exchanged that view for a simple 40 minute drive home.

Now I'm sore. I'm tired. And I don't really want to get back into my car until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment