Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Here I Come!



I just noticed that I have not posted anything on this blog since December 31, 2015...wow! I know 2016 was challenging, just didn't realize that I completely ignored this blog. Time to change that. With the turning of the calendar, I am leaving 2016 behind. No regrets, no looking back and only (mostly) focusing on moving forward.

Here is my list of what I plan to accomplish in 2017:

1. Get healthier. Eat better, exercise more, and lose weight. Usually easier said than done, but I've been known to be a determined person and I'd just like to feel better in general.

2. Get back on a horse (I'll have to work on #1 to achieve this, but it WILL happen).

3. I'd like to finish a 5K race this year. I may have to run/walk it. It may not be until October or November, but if I can do this, I'll be really proud of myself.

4. Write every day! There is no excuse for not doing this. And while I may not need to put everything on this blog, I will need to write something every day.

5. I tried this years ago, but would like to do it again...eat at a new restaurant or try a new recipe every week. Now I realize that eating out every week would be expensive, that's why I throw the "try a new recipe" in there. Now that I'm back in Chicago, there are tons of restaurants I'd like to try. I'm also determined to meet Chef CJ Jacobsen at some point in 2017. 

I could go on and on with more things I'd like to accomplish, (less TV, more reading, etc) but resolutions are about setting achievable goals and I believe that these 5 are the most achievable for me right now. 

In 2016 I lost a lot of things. 2017 is my year to regain, rebuild, refresh and restart. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad to read this...I did not know you had a blog! Love your "things to do" and found that when I put better health or a specific exercise goal, rather than losing weight, I kept my eye on that goal and the weight came off and I gained strength, endurance and my body changed. I had a similar goal of being able to run 5 miles and I did it and never felt better. You may have just inspired me to do it again! Looking forward to reading more of your musings and hope to see you soon. I too had a blog for several years and people keep asking why I stopped...you might check it out for some of your "new recipes" if you fancy... www.worldplates.wordpress.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete