Friday, August 28, 2009

In Honor of Our Anniversary

Twelve months ago, let’s call it a year,

I was “dating” several men I fear.

Some only once, some for just hours,

and not one of them gave me chocolate or flowers.

But I didn’t mind, I was just having fun,

When all of a sudden, I met “THE ONE.”


I was planning a foursome, two couples, a quad,

When the man on my side became quite a clod.

He said he was tired and wanted to rest.

And I’m glad that he did, it turned out for the best.

Because he flaked out, the four became three,

and this is how I met Eric, you see.


We exchanged emails, pictures and such,

a few texts on the Cubs, basically, not much.

He lived in the city and me in the burbs,

He seemed quite clever & witty with words.


I met him and his girl after very bad crepes,

and letting me touch him was her biggest mistake.

We had a good time, some laughs and some sex.

And after they left, he sent me a text.

For Labor Day Monday was coming up soon,

and if I wanted to watch the Cubs, he did too.


So over a discussion on who best could grill,

He said come down and get me, and I said I will.

From the moment his lips touched my BBQ,

I just a a feeling that this might be true.

The next weekend we went to a nice B & B,

Where during dinner one night he said he loved me.


We’ve been a couple since then, and though times have been tough,

We’ve both lost some jobs, I moved in with my stuff.

We’re adjusting to life as a couple, plus four--

The dog and three kitties (we can’t fit any more).


We watch lots of movies and cooking cook-offs,

Bowl naked on Wii, play Tiger Woods golf.

We’re on our computers 14 hours a day,

But I wouldn’t change it for anything I say.


We’ve had disagreements, tears have been shed.

But yet still every night, we both go to bed.

There’s always a kiss, whether angry or sad

And to have 30 more years of this will make me glad


Some day I will proud to be called your wife.

Happy Anniversary Eric, My Sweetums, my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment