Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Honey, it's been Monday all day long

This is one of my favorite phrases that was spoken by a waitress in Carlsbad, NM. It was in some small restaurant or diner and she had obviously had a rough weekend.  Today has been a Monday.  Work was a little more challenging today, with extra research needed because instead of putting down the song "Fancy" by Iggy Izalea...the TV station I was working on chose to put down "Barack Obama sings Fancy" and then again they list the song but use one of the 6 composers instead of Iggy's name. And of course, that has to be researched because I don't know if the President was singing Iggy's version or maybe Reba McEntire's version, or one of the other 50 songs titled "Fancy" I'm our database. (They also used a lot of YouTube videos with 'unknown' music). Traffic was bad, which in L.A. isn't unusual, but it was worse than normal on the way home. Then, we had picked up a new cable box from Time Warner (they will have to be an entire blog post on their own) and it's not working properly. So while Eric is on the phone with them, I'm doing the dishes in hopes of starting dinner and sitting down to watch the second half of Monday Night Football between the Bears and Jets. I'm just washing away when all of a sudden it's very wet underneath my feet...I open the cabinet under the sink and water is pouring out of it. Great. 1 week in the new place and the sink is leaking. The disposal already didn't work and this just added to the woes  of the day.

But anyway, I mopped up the floor, and started dinner, a cable guy is coming on Thursday (plus we got a 2 week credit for their mistakes), and although I didn't get to watch football, I did get to see Dancing With The Stars. I also wrote in my blog so the night wasn't a total disaster. Yes, it's been Monday all day long but it's almost Tuesday and it's the first day of Fall. That means days are getting shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment