Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year, New Location, New Goals

Welcome to 2014! Last year I committed myself to Project Dean and I failed. In fact, the only goal I believe I did accomplish was moving out to California before the snow started in Chicago, so I'll give myself a small pat on the back for that one. Now it's a new year and the time to make resolutions and changes and everything else we're supposed to do January 1. Being stubborn and independent however, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to not tell anyone about what I plan to do and instead just do it. That way there's no pressure and I'm only accountable for my own actions. I will say that I don't like the way I look when I see pictures of myself so I'll probably work on that. I'll also say that I miss writing and being creative so I'll probably work on that too.

Moving to a new state gives me a chance to discover all sorts of new things. New places to visit, new places to eat, new places to hike, walk, swim, and ride (horses AND Harleys). I have a new job so there will be new bosses to impress, new friends to make and new responsibilities. There is also a new schedule in our relationship to get used to. Eric works retail,  and starting the 13th I'll be working Monday thru Friday 8:30-5:00. Eric's days off are Wednesday and Friday, he works Saturday and Sunday, I'll have the weekends free. It will be a lot more independent time for us which I think will help make our relationship stronger. We will have to make time to be together and make those times important.

I'm looking forward to the new year, the new adventures, the new experiences and maybe, by the end of the year I'll be looking back at all the new things I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment